The model ISO 5.5F spindle was originally designed to meet the demanding requirements of the ultra-precision single point diamond turning industry. The application of the ISO 5.5F has grown to include conventional flycutting, raster flycutting, free-form surface generation, HDD servo track writing, DVD mastering, and metrology in vacuum environments. The Spindle’s central stiffness and extremely low error motion while being driven with a powerful brushless-DC motor can not be matched by any other spindle manufacturer in the world.
See a few example parts machined with the ISO 5.5F spindle.
- Inlet Pressure: 7 bar
- Ultimate Axial Load Capacity: 1110 N
- Ultimate Radial Load Capacity: 980 N
- Axial Stiffness (at spindle nose): 228 N/µm
- Radial Stiffness (at spindle nose): 98 N/µm
- Axial Error Motion: < 12.5 nm
- Radial Error Motion: < 12.5 nm
- Maximum Speed: 10,000 rpm
- Motor Torque: 2.8 N·m continuous to 5,200 rpm (AX-2000)
- Drive Amplifier: MCS AX-2000
- Encoder #1: Renco #R35i, 1024 line count with commutation tracks
- Encoder #2: Renishaw RESM, 9000 line count with one read head (mounting provision for second read head)
- Through spindle vacuum porting connection.
- Integral water jacket for liquid cooling.
- Spindle to amplifier cables: 4.0 meters long
- Spindle Weight: 340 N
- Second Renishaw read head.
- Motor power and communications cables custom length.
- Customer-specified vacuum chuck.